This course is suitable for anyone wanting a career in the media, broadcast and production sector.
T Levels are one of your options after you’ve finished GCSEs.
Entry requirements for each course are set by the individual school or college.
Students who complete their T Level will receive an overall grade of Pass, Merit, Distinction or Distinction*. They will get a nationally recognised certificate which will show their overall grade and a breakdown of what they have achieved.
Students will develop an understanding of a broad range of issues relevant to the sector, including:
· the creative economy
· the individual in the creative industries
· cultural context and vocabulary
· audience and consumer needs
· legal and regulatory requirements
· professional standards and conduct in the workplace
· equality, diversity and inclusion requirements
· research skills
· project methodology and administration
· continued professional development
In addition to the core content, each student will also complete at least one module of occupation-specific content.
The specialism available in the Media, Broadcast and Production T Level at Gateway is content creation and production
During the 2-year programme, students will learn the core knowledge and skills that are needed for entry to a range of media, broadcast and production occupations.
· This course is a Level 3 qualification
· Includes 9 weeks minimum working with an employer on an industry placement
This course is suitable for anyone wanting a career in the media, broadcast and production sector. Career options might include:
· studio sound engineer
· Audio visual technician
· Live sound engineer
· TV or film sound technician
· TV of film production assistant
· TV or film assistant director
· TV or film director
· TV or film producer
· TV or film camera operator
· Media researcher
· Lighting technician
· Radio broadcast assistant
· Video editor
· Broadcast engineer