Gateway Students Achieve Outstanding Results

Scroll to bottom to see a gallery of students collecting their results.

Gateway College students collecting their A Level, Level 3 Vocational, Level 2 and GCSE results have exceeded all predictions this summer with outstanding achievements.

After an extraordinary academic year that saw the pandemic sweep the city and bring with it the introduction of remote online learning, blended timetables and exams being cancelled, students and teaching staff at the College have risen to the challenge!

Congratulations to all our students for their accomplishments this year and for demonstrating such resilience in the face of adversity!

High grades have enabled students to progress further with many being offered places at their first choice of university, others taking up Higher Apprenticeships and Level 2 and GCSE students moving on to a Level 3 programme of study.

Summer results in a snapshot:

• Level 3 Diplomas and Extended Diplomas pass rates = 96%
  • A Level pass rates = 97%
  • Level 2 pass rates = 94%
  • GCSE Maths = 78% of those who started with a grade 3 moved to a grade 4 or above
  • GCSE English = 71% of those who started the year with a grade 3 moved to a grade 4 or above

Manisha received three Distinction* for her Level 3 Health and Social Care and is now heading for Nottingham University to study BSc (Hons) Adult Nursing.

She stated, “I am so happy and surprised today, this is amazing.  But I am also sad because this will be my last day at Gateway College.”

“I am passionate about helping people and chose nursing as a career as I love making people’s lives better.  I have been at Gateway for three years studying Health and Social Care at Level 2 and at Level 3 and enjoyed every minute of it.  The teachers are really good and gave me lots of support throughout both of my courses.”

Rhiya will be going to Leeds University to study BA(Hons) Journalism after achieving two A* and an A in A Level Sociology, Law and English Literature.

On collecting her results, she said, “I’m completely speechless!  I wasn’t expecting my grades to be so good, I am so pleased!”.

Friend Rida also studied A level Sociology, Law, English Literature and was elated to receive two A* and an A.  She is going to study BA(Hons) Law at University of Leicester.

“I had started doubting myself over the last few days, but this is good!  I am really pleased and am looking forward to uni.”

Bhavesh will be going to the University of Leicester to study BA (Hons) Business and Management after gaining a Distinction and two Distinction* in Level 3 Business.

He said, “I went to WQE first and but struggled.  I’m so glad I made the decision to come to Gateway and have got amazing grades.  I’ve really enjoyed my time here and have found the teachers so supportive and helpful.  I would recommend it.”

After achieving a Distinction, Merit, Merit for his Level 3 Public Services, and a Grade 4 for his GCSE maths, Tawid has been offered a place to study BA (Hons) Law and Criminology at De Montfort University (DMU).

He said, “I want to thank my teachers, they are the best.  They motivated me and inspired me to carry on and achieve even better results than I thought was possible.  I have achieved everything I need to go to university, and I am very happy.”

Beth gained an A*, A and B for her A Level Sociology and Psychology, Level 3 Criminology and is going to Liverpool University to study BA(Hons) Forensic Anthropology.

She commented, “Criminology at Gateway was a really great course.  The assessment style was good, and the subject combined well with Psychology and Sociology as they are all so interesting and overlap with each other.  I picked completely new subjects for my A levels that I hadn’t studied at school as I wanted to do something completely different and found it all so interesting.”

Taher achieved three Distinction* on the Level 3 IT course at Gateway and will now be going to the University of Leicester to study BSc (Hons) Software Engineering.

He said, “I really enjoyed my course, it was brilliant.  It taught me the essentials that I needed to know to go onto university.  The teaching staff at the College are very friendly and welcoming, especially to someone like me who doesn’t speak English as a first language.  I felt very supported.”

Chantelle will be going to the University of Derby to study BA (Hons) Creative Writing after achieving a three A* in her A level English Literature, Psychology, Sociology.

She said, “I’ve really enjoyed making new friends and hearing different people’s opinions in my lessons.  I want to be an author and am excited to be going to university now.”

Hardik achieved three Distinction* on the Level 3 IT and is thrilled to be going to Nottingham Trent University to study BSc (Hons) Computer Science.  

He commented, “I really liked studying at Gateway.  I didn’t expect it to be this good when I first started the course.  The teachers are all really good, they offer the right level and combination of support and independent study.”

Aayushi will be moving to London to study BA (Hons) Fashion Marketing at the University of Arts (UAL) after achieving A, A* and B for her A Level Art, Media, Photography.

She said, “Gateway was awesome!  I love my teachers and classmates.  The atmosphere in the art studios was calm and relaxing and very inspirational.”

Sufiyan achieved three Distinction* on his Level 3 IT course and will now be going to the University of Leicester to study BSc (Hons) Computer Science.

He commented, “I feel really happy with my results.  I have enjoyed my course and found it fun because I love computers and the topics we covered.  The teachers are really good at Gateway and made the course very interesting.”