Enrichment activities are a vital and valuable part of your Programme of Study. We recognise that it is important to give you the opportunity to develop other skills, not just those relating to your academic pathway. We want you to be able to compete in the race for university, apprenticeship places and ensure you are super ready to enter the world of employment.
During the first term of your college course you will be invited to an enrichment fair to sign up for relevant and meaningful enrichment classes that will enhance your programme of study. A full list of what's on will be available from the Schools teams.
Additional Learning & Enrichment Opportunities
- Taster courses at local universities
- Study conferences and revision courses across the country.
- Visits to exhibitions, museums, theatres and local places of interest
- Space Olympics event in Moscow: science students compete in international competition
- Work experience is a mandatory part of your Programme of Study and every student will be given the opportunity to undertake this throughout the time they are a student at Gateway College
- Bar Mock Trial
- Student Governors, Peer Mentoring, and Student Ambassadors
- National prize winners in Basketball and Football
- Leicestershire Sixth Form Colleges Football League Champions – Football Squad
- East Midlands British Colleges League Winners – Basketball Squad
- British Colleges Basketball Knock-out Cup Winners – Basketball Squad
- Leicestershire Basketball County League Champions – Basketball Squad
- Leicestershire Basketball Play-off Winners – Basketball Squad
- Annual Open Art exhibition and end of year Diploma show – a chance for all Art & Design students to demonstrate and display their work to the public
- A wide variety of sports activities including football, cricket, basketball, badminton, netball, volleyball, tag rugby, table tennis and self defence
- Charity events supported by students – Children in Need, Comic Relief and Sport Relief
- Peer Mentoring and Volunteering
- There are places for two student representatives on the College’s Board of Governors and they also attend the Student Affairs sub-committee.
- Each year students are elected by their peers to represent their tutor group and feedback to the student Governing body
- Membership of the National Union of Students (NUS) is available to all Gateway students.